In terms of functional standards (internal sensor consistency, across probe comparison & sensor stability across temperature variation.
- Probes are be normalized against water and air and the final potted version of the probe should be within specified criteria with the benchmark for each sensor in municipal grade water at 250C being 100% SF reading and the benchmark for air 0% SF reading.
- Each individual sensor will measure soil moisture content expressed in standard percentage (scaled frequency %) within a +/- 0.1% consistency within normal operating soil temperature ranges (3-400C) if held static at a fixed temperature.
- Individual sensors on the same probe will be within 0.5% of each other expressed in standard percentage (scaled frequency %) and within a +/- 0.1% consistency if held static at a fixed temperature.
- A 6-sensor probe held static in 250C municipal grade drinking water must comply to the following standards:
- The combined sensor counts not exceeding a count of 603 (0.5% deviation per sensor is allowed, i.e. 6 sensors equals 3 points deviation from a total combined and assumed average per probe of 600 points).
- The combined sensor counts being not less than a count of 597.
- Accurately measure soil temperature capable of measuring a range of +50 0C to -10 0C within a 0.5 degrees Celsius variation of temperature.
- Each individual sensor must measure soil moisture content expressed in standard percentage (scaled frequency %) within a 0.5% consistency within normal operating soil conditions where soil temperature may vary between 5-350C. This implies a maximum allowable deviation of 0.2% SF soil moisture per sensor within a temperature fluctuation range of 300C.
- Compensation for soil moisture and EC measurement drift and/or fluctuation due to varying soil temperatures.
- Accurately measure soil Electrical Conductivity capable of measuring range of 0.0 to 2000 micro Siemens within +/- 1.5% variation of EC
- Individual EC sensors on the same probe must be within 0.5% of each other expressed in standard EC measurement units and within a +/- 0.1% consistency if held static at a fixed temperature.
Electrical Emission Compliance
In terms of the regulatory electronic emission requirements (EME) the integrated probe technology must as a minimum, comply with the following standards for unintentional transmitters:
- 5.4. AS/NZS CISPR 11